PLEASE NOTE THAT MANY APPLICATIONS FOR THIS PRODUCT ARE BUILT TO ORDER AND CAN TAKE A WHILE TO SHIP. Feel free to contact us before ordering if you need a lead time on your specific application.
StopTech is the name to turn to when you're looking for a quality Big Brake Kit for your Mitsubishi 3000GT. The perfect balance of looks, stopping power, and price makes StopTech big brake kits stand out. One of the most overlooked aspects of a performance car is the braking system, especially when power is increased significantly over stock with a turbo kit, nitrous, or other modifications. Stock brake systems are fine for stock cars, but will start to suffer when asked to cope with the kinds of speeds a performance Mitsubishi 3000GT can reach. This is especially true when used in a racing environment like time attack, open track, or even autocross events.
When it comes to choosing the right big brake kit for your car, StopTech gives you more options than any other company. Starting with the kit itself, StopTech offers rotors ranging from 300mm x 28mm to a massive 380mm x 32mm for certain applications. Next the kits are available with 2, 4, or 6 piston calipers to maintain the proper brake balance. All Calipers are available in 5 different colors: Red, Black, Silver, Yellow, or Blue to match your Mitsubishi 3000GT's color scheme perfectly. The rotors are available in 4 finishes depending on your preferences. The kits come standard with StopTech's patented AeroRotor slotted face rotors, but can be had with full cross-drilled rotor faces for a minor cost increase. Both slotted or drilled 2 piece rotors can also be had with a zinc coating to prevent any surface rust from developing on the non-swept area.
StopTech makes 2 versions of their big brake kits. Most kits are the Standard version, but some popular applications are available in a Touring Style. The difference between the Standard and Touring kits is simply the Touring kits utilize single piece rotors to minimize the cost of the kit. Touring kits are not available with Zinc plating options. Both kits still use StopTech's standard 4 or 6 piston calipers sized exactly for that application.
StopTech Big Brake Kit Features:
- Price includes rotors, brake pads, calipers, and all other hardware for both front brakes. Rear brake upgrades available for some applications.
- Large diameter and thickness rotors to maximize thermal stability and breaking performance.
- Stainless steel braided brake lines included with each kit.
- Multiple caliper and rotor finishes available to suit your tastes.
- Standard kits use two-piece drilled or slotted discs to prevent thermal shock and warping.
- Four or six piston cast aluminum calipers use a bolt in central bridge to remain extremely rigid.
- Standardized brake pad sizes allow upgrades to multiple friction materials to suit your needs.
- StopTech Sport Brake Pads included, except when noted.
- Slotted or drilled rotor face helps increase initial pad bite and allow extended hard braking.
- All rotors use StopTech's AeroRotor vanes to maximize cooling.
Important Notes: Being much larger than most OE brake systems, each kit may require use of larger diameter wheels or a higher offset. Prior to purchasing a StopTech Big Brake Kit, use the following links to check fitment with your current wheels: StopTech Big Brake Wheel Fitment Templates and Instructions
. For all Big Brake Kits, we also recommend following StopTech's Bed-In Procedure for maximum performance and safety, which can be found here: StopTech Bed-In Procedure