Catalytic Converter Emissions Notes: If you live in California, you CANNOT legally use this product and we will not ship it to anywhere within California. Also, the Universal models of this catalytic converter are the pre-OBD2 versions. All Direct Fit models are OBD2 EPA Compliant and conform to the EPA emissions standards for those specific vehicles.
MagnaFlow (formerly Car Sound) high flow catalytic converters are an ideal choice for those looking to get rid of their restrictive stock catalytic converter. A MagnaFlow high flow cat will really help with high-end power output. Best of all, MagnaFlow cats are Federal EPA Emissions approved. We offer MagnaFlow catalytic converters in Universal and Direct Fit models.
models require a muffler shop to weld/cut as necessary, and drill in a new secondary o2 sensor bung where applicable. You must be responsible for determining if a universal catalytic converter will work for your setup.
models can be bolted right onto the vehicle. While the majority of the Direct-Fit Catalytic Converter products do not require welding, cutting or bending, limited applications may require additional welding for optimal installation.
(Refer to numbered items in the picture as you read)
- MagnaFlow converters have a ribbed body that minimizes expansion and distortion when the converter heats up.
- MagnaFlow converters have a 1/2" lap-joint where the necks meet the body. The neck does not extend into the converter body where it could hamper exhaust flow.
- MagnaFlow maintains separate dies on different sized inlets. They don't skimp by putting larger neck sizes on smaller bodies. This would reduce the flow of the converter and reduce the quality of the product.
- MagnaFlow uses a monolithic honeycomb catalyst. The ceramic is designed for maximum flow and surface area. The coating method is strictly controlled to maintain exact specifications. An improper coating could result in flow restrictions or an emission test failure.
- MagnaFlow uses a heavier gauge stainless steel, tip to tip. Other manufacturers use mixed weights and materials.
- MagnaFlow catalytic converters are seam welded close to the converter body for a strong, tight bond. MagnaFlow does not weld along the edge, which could allow the converter to expand like the folds in an accordion, allowing the catalyst to move around.
- MagnaFlow installs a factory capped, 90 degree air tube on "with air" converters. This saves time during installation in to your Nissan Maxima.
- MagnaFlow uses an aluminized or stainless OEM-style ribbed heat shield that creates a rigid wall of protection against heat and adds to the structural stability of the converter.
Size Selection: To find out which size will fit best, just measure diameter the piping (or flanges) you are going to be putting this cat between, and try to pick the cat size that is a close as possible.
Availability: Unless otherwise noted, this product is usually in stock at one of our warehouses, or will ship directly from the manufacturer.
View MagnaFlow High Flow Catalytic Converter for All Nissan Maxima Years
or All Imports