If you are looking for the ultimate in high performance for your D Series Civic, then the Turbo Specialties (TSI) D Series Extreme Turbo Kit is for you. It provides much more power than you could normally get from adding every single "bolt-on" part for your D Series Civic. It is dependable to use on a daily driven Honda Civic as well. In all their kits, TSI uses Garrett turbos, which are world renowned for their reliability and performance.
Fuel System Options
: You can now pick from two different fuel systems, or chose no fuel system at all. IF YOU CHOOSE THE "NO FUEL SYSTEM" OPTION, YOU MUST SEPARATELY PURCHASE A TUNING SOLUTION (such as the Hondata S300) AND BIGGER FUEL INJECTORS (such as the DeatschWerks ones we sell), OR YOUR CIVIC WILL NOT RUN CORRECTLY. In general, we recommend the AEM F/IC over the TSI "black box" because the F/IC is easier and more reliable for tuning your Honda Civic for maximum power. However, if you do not want to modify your tune, the TSI system is easier since it does not need to be tuned unless something is not running correctly. Here are the details on each fuel system option:
2001 to 2005 7th Generation Civic (non-Si) Owners
- AEM's Fuel Ignition Controller (F/IC), which is very reliable and easy to use, and we include 4 high-performance Honda 410 cc/min fuel injectors with clips. These Honda injectors are special in that they are designed for turbo vehicles and have very good fuel atomization properties. We recommend getting the F/IC Plug and Play Harness because it shaves about 2-3 hours off the installation time and eliminates any chance of wiring errors. Except for on D17 kits, no base map is included so you must get a professional tune for this system. Note that fuel injectors are not included on systems that specify "No Fuel Injectors".
- TSI Fuel System (only available on Extreme kits), which includes a TSI interface block with 2 additional fuel injectors and controller unit (black box). The controller unit is adjustable, displays boost pressure, and has an integrated turbo timer (so you don't need to purchase these items separately). The settings are all pre-programmed to work right out of the box. A good dyno tune can still yield some additional horsepower, but not quite as much as with the AEM F/IC.
: TSI makes THE best turbo kit for your D17 Civic, and it was recently revised to be even better (the charge piping was redesigned with a larger diameter and for easier installation). This is by far the single best power modification you can do to your D17 engine. It will give you about 200 total horsepower, and more is possible by increasing the boost and re-tuning your car (assuming you do not max out the turbo's capabilities).
Key Features for Superior and Extreme Kits:
- Comes standard with a Garrett GT20 turbo (GT25 turbo for the D17 kits) with internal wastegate set to 6-7 PSI.
- Bolt-on installation.
- Safely produces about a 56% gain in horsepower on stock engine internals. This means you will get about 170 to 200 total horsepower, depending on what D Series Civic you have. To get these advertised gains you should install at least a high-flow cat (or downpipe) and a larger exhaust. More power is possible if you turn up the boost and re-tune your car (assuming you do not max out the turbo's capabilities).
- Due to the efficiency of the turbo system, has the potential to increase your MPG and reduce vehicle emissions (your tune, other modifications, and driving style will have a large effect on this).
- High quality cast manifold that comes preassembled on Garrett turbo. On Civics with an integrated exhaust manifold and catalytic converter, the TSI cast manifold replaces the stock catalytic converter for optimal performance. If you want to add a catalytic converter, we recommend using one of our MagnaFlow Spun Metallic High Flow Catalytic Converters.
- Turbo is oil and water cooled for best performance and durability.
- Downpipe and gasket.
- Polished charge piping.
- Stainless steel braided oil line and fittings.
- Stainless steel braided water lines for turbo cooling.
- Rising rate fuel pressure regulator (not included or needed on 2001 to 2005 7th Gen Civics).
- Heat shield.
- High-performance air intake and filter.
- Oil return hose and oil pan fitting.
- Compatible with accessories (including A/C).
- All hardware, pressure lines, hoses, clamps, and couplers.
- Installation instructions & injector control settings (for the TSI Fuel System).
- 5 year warranty on cast parts, 1 year for accessories, and the full Garrett manufacturer's warranty for the turbo.
Extra Features on Extreme Kits ONLY:
- High-flow intercooler and piping. An intercooler will lower the temperature of the air going into your engine, and will in turn increase power gains.
- Blow off valve. A blow off valve will increase the longevity of your turbo system on higher boost levels. The blow off valve basically releases extra pressure in the turbo system when you let off the gas (and makes a cool sound in the process).
GT25R Ball Bearing Turbo Upgrade Notes: Compared to a standard journal bearing turbo, a ball bearing turbo will "spool up" faster and start delivering power at lower RPMs. If you select this upgrade, we will include a Garrett GT25R ball bearing turbo (with built-in oil restrictor) with your turbo kit, regardless of whether a GT20 or GT25 turbo comes standard with your particular application. Just for reference, a GT20 turbo can provide up to about 210 horsepower, while a GT25 or GT25R can get you up to about 270 horsepower.
GT28R Ball Bearing Turbo Upgrade Notes: Similar to the GT25R Ball Bearing Turbo, but capable of quite a bit more power (over 300 horsepower). If you select this upgrade, we will include a Garrett GT28R ball bearing turbo (with built-in oil restrictor) with your turbo kit, regardless of whether a GT20 or GT25 turbo comes standard with your particular application.
Optional Parts: If you choose the AEM F/IC fuel system, we recommend getting the Plug and Play harness for your Civic because it shaves about 2-3 hours off the installation time and eliminates any chance of wiring errors. If you don't get the Plug and Play Harness, please be CAREFUL WHEN WIRING the AEM F/IC, as it can be damaged by incorrect wiring. We also suggest getting at least some sort of boost gauge so you know if your boost level is on target or not. You may also want to purchase a turbo timer as a convenience feature. If you do not purchase one, then you should let your car idle for about 2 minutes before shutting it off after a normal driving period. Lastly, if you remove your catalytic converter as part of the turbo installation, you may want to purchase an O2 Sensor CEL Eliminator if you get a CEL (Check Engine Light).
Other Recommendations: No matter which tuning solution you use, we still HIGHLY recommend getting your Civic tuned by a professional. This is the best way to achieve maximum power gains and make sure everything is running correctly. We also advise running premium fuel (91 octane or better) and purchasing a set of 1 step colder spark plugs (Denso Iridiums perform the best). You may also need to upgrade your clutch due to the increased power levels.
Availability: Unless otherwise noted, this product is usually in stock at one of our warehouses, or will ship directly from the manufacturer.
View Turbo Specialties (TSI) D Series Turbo Kit for All Honda Civic Years
or All Imports